Zentyal Development Team today announced that the upgrade path to the latest Zentyal Server Development Edition (v. 7.0) is now available. Zentyal Server Development Edition 7.0 was published on January 26th, 2021. It is a major community release based on Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS.
In the latest Zentyal Server versions the upgrade process has been greatly improved. The goal is to help Development Edition users to upgrade easily to the latest community release. However, it is important to keep in mind that upgrades are always risky – and more so in case of major releases. Therefore, before moving forward with the upgrade we highly recommend to backup both the server and the data. It is also important that you have a clear roll-back procedure in case something goes wrong.
Please review the following upgrade checklist before you carry out the upgrade. The official Zentyal Server 7.0 documentation – that will be published shortly, will include more detailed information.
(valid for upgrades from Zentyal Development Edition v. 6.2 to v. 7.0)
- Make sure you don’t have pending updates
- Back up your server and data before upgrading
- Check that there are no errors in the /var/log/zentyal/zentyal.log file
- Make sure that there is space available on the disk
- Verify that the server is updated
- Confirm that there are no broken packages
- Check that there are no errors in the internal Samba database or in the MySQL databases
- Make sure that you have Internet connectivity
- Click on the Upgrade button on the Dashboard
- Verify that the packages have been updated
Zentyal Server 7.0 Commercial Edition will be released shortly. If you have a Commercial Edition or a Development Edition and you are interested in upgrading to Commercial Edition, do Contact Us. We would be glad to inform you about the upgrade options.