- Zentyal releases a new version of their popular Linux Server with full native Microsoft® Outlook Compatibility.
October 22nd, 2015, Zaragoza – Zentyal, developer of server technology natively interoperable with Microsoft® server products, today announced a major new commercial version of the Zentyal Server. Zentyal Server 4.2 aims at offering companies and organizations a Linux-based Server that can be set up in less than 30 minutes and is both easy-to-use and affordable.
The Zentyal 4.2 release focuses on providing an improved and stable server edition with native Microsoft® Exchange protocols implementation and Active Directory interoperability, with the goal of providing a complete and easy-to-use Small Business Server, with native support for mixed IT environments that include Windows®, Linux and Mac OS® clients, as well as mobile devices with ActiveSync®. Thanks to this, Zentyal server 4.2 offers full native Microsoft® Outlook Compatibility without plugins or connectors.
Besides focusing primarily on mail and mail-related directory features, additional improvements have also taken place. It will come with all the latest updates from Ubuntu 14.04.3. As a starred feature, it will integrate Samba 4.3.1, with lots of improvements for Active Directory services and support for Windows ® 8.1 and the newest Windows® 10. The installer has been upgraded to support newer network interfaces.
Apart from that, the release is focused on bugfixing and improvements for the Outlook-compatible Mail & Groupware Exchange replacement.
Zentyal Server 4.2. Technical features:
Mail & Groupware
- Improved stability and scalability
- No plugins or connectors needed client-side
- Support for Microsoft® Outlook 2007 and 2010
- Server settings autodiscover
- Autorefresh and desktop notifications (commercial version only)
- Outlook® Anywhere HTTPS access
- Global address list
- ActiveSync® support for mobile devices
- Web access: mail, calendars and contacts
- Standard mail protocols: IMAPS, POP3S, SMTPS, CalDav.
- Samba 4.3.1 – AD compatible directory
- Main and additional Domain Controller operation modes
- Ability to join Windows® 2008, 2008R2 and 2012 functional level domains
- Windows client support from Windows® XP to Windows® 10
Migration of existing customers with Zentyal Server 4.1 to 4.2 will be supported at no extra cost. Customers wishing to upgrade can contact the Zentyal Support Engineers thorough the Support Platform.
Zentyal Server 4.2 is released under the GPLv2 and is available for download at:
The Zentyal Server source code is available at:
The detailed Zentyal Server 4.2 release announcement is available at:
Free 30-day Trial of Zentyal Server 4.2 is available upon request at:
Full list of Zentyal 4.2 features is available at:
Zentyal is the first ever provider of fully native Microsoft® Exchange protocol compatibility to the worldwide messaging and collaboration market.
Zentyal Cloud is the scalable platform from Zentyal that is natively interoperable with Microsoft® Outlook clients.
This PaaS incorporates all the required features for both Microsoft Outlook clients and any standard Email (SMTP, POP3, IMAP), Calendar service (CalDAV), and Addressbook/Management (LDAP, CardDAV) clients, delivering the most interoperable user experience in the world.