Zentyal as a Communications Server
This course covers the email and instant messaging services integrated in Zentyal and that make it easy to deploy a communications server in a simple and safe way, with central point for user management.
This course covers the email and instant messaging services integrated in Zentyal and that make it easy to deploy a communications server in a simple and safe way, with central point for user management. You will learn how to configure Zentyal as a SMTP/POP3-IMAP4 server with webmail and ActiveSync® as well as how to avoid unwanted or dangerous emails.
- Provide the basic theoretical knowledge about SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 protocols and XMPP protocol, operation of a mail server and mail filtering
- Provide practical knowledge on how to set up a POP3/IMAP4 mail server, virtual domains, Fetchmail, queues, Sieve, gray lists, antispam, checklists and filters through the graphical user interface of Zentyal
- Allow to deploy Zentyal as a mail server with webmail and ActiveSync and instant messaging server. Allow to configure email and IM clients correctly
Who should attend
IT professionals with experience in network management, who are interested in deploying Zentyal as a communications server. Windows systems administrators interested in the administration of Linux-based systems.
Experience: To be able to install and configure Zentyal using Virtualization technology. Basic knowledge in computer networks.
Software requirements: VirtualBox, Ubuntu Server LTS and Zentyal ISO.
Hardware requirements: 2GHz processor, 3GB RAM.
The course includes
- Theoretical and practical content
- Practical examples and exercises
- 30 days to complete the course
- Certificate of Attendance (.pdf)
On-line at your own pace