Zentyal Development Team is proud to announce Zentyal Server 4.1, a new release of the Zentyal Open Source Linux small business server with native Microsoft® Exchange protocol implementation and Active Directory interoperability.
This release is completely focused on improving the stability and set of features delivered by the OpenChange module, based on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS to provide the latest stable packages.
Zentyal server comes in two different flavors: development version, for bleeding edge testing of the latest available features and commercial version for stable production environments.
- Native compatibility with Microsoft® Exchange Server Protocols
- Domain & Directory
- Central domain directory management
- Users, Security Groups, Distribution Lists, Contacts
- Multiple Organizational Units (OUs)
- Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication
- Supported OS: Windows® XP, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows® 8
- File sharing in Windows® environments (CIFS)
- Users & Groups access and modification permissions (ACLs)
- Advanced domain management through the RSAT tools
- Printers Management
- Basic Networking and Firewall
- Static and DHCP interfaces
- Objects & Services
- Packet Filter
- Port Forwarding
- DNS Server
- DHCP Server
- NTP Server
- Certification Authority
- VPN Server & Client
To migrate from Zentyal 4.0 to 4.1, you only need to upgrade your 4.0 installation to the last available packages once they are released and a button will appear on the dashboard.
Important notes: Pay special attention to the list of features that have been removed in this version, if you depend on any of them, skip this upgrade.
Here is the APT source entry for Zentyal 4.1:
deb http://archive.zentyal.org/zentyal 4.1 main extra
Full Change Log
You can read the full change log from 4.0 to 4.1 here.
Zentyal is the only vendor worldwide to offer server technology that is natively interoperable with both Microsoft Active Directory® and Microsoft® Exchange Server protocols.
Microsoft, Windows and Microsoft Outlook are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.