Zentyal today announced a new minor version of the Commercial Zentyal Server Edition, Zentyal Server 6.1. The base distribution of this new commercial Zentyal Linux Server release is the latest long-term support version of Ubuntu Server (18.04.3 LTS). It comes with the most recent versions of all the integrated software, a number of improvements that seek to facilitate the server management and a series of bugfixes.
Zentyal Linux Server offers an easy-to-use Linux alternative to Windows Server®. Thanks to its Samba integration, Zentyal Server provides an alternative to Microsoft Active Directory® and makes it possible to manage the Windows® clients as system administrators are used to, but at a significantly lower cost. All the network services required in corporate environments – from domain & directory server, file server, mail server, gateway and infrastructure server are managed via graphical web interface, making Linux server management easier for all and specially for new Linux users.
New features and improvements of this version include:
- New base distribution: Ubuntu 18.04.3 Long-Term Support (LTS)
- Pagination of users (domain & directory) – With a large number of users it was difficult to manage the “Users and Computers” section and the GUI load increased significantly. Pagination of users has been added to avoid these issues. Search option is also available.
- Importing/exporting of users and groups (domain & directory) – This feature allows to import and/or export users and groups easily, reducing significantly the time spent in any server migration scenario.
- Audit mode on/off (file server) – When users have a large number of files, the synchronization with the file server is affected and users experience slow read and write speed (folder navigation and copy functions are slowed down). This is because Samba file server comes with the audit mode enabled by default. This feature allows to turn off the audit mode.
- Smart Admin – Kernel manager (maintenance) – Usually Linux systems store all the old Kernel versions by default. If the old versions are not cleaned regurarly, the /boot partition eventually runs out of storage space and the system becomes unresponsive. This feature allows to turn off the storage of old Kernel versions, keeping only the current Kernel version and the two previous versions.
- Smart Admin – Reports and alerts (maintenance) – These features help to automate the maintenance and management tasks of your server. They allow to monitor the status of all active Zentyal services with daily email reports and Telegram alerts regardin server resources (CPU, RAM and disk).
Free 45-day Trial of the Commercial Zentyal Server Edition 6.1 is available upon request at:
Full list of Zentyal Server 6.1 features is available at:
The Zentyal Server source code is available at:
The full change log from Zentyal Server 6.0 to 6.1 is available at:
Zentyal Linux Server has been developed since 2004. Zentyal Server incorporates all the network services required in corporate environments, most importantly the first-ever native Microsoft Active Directory® implementation on Linux that is easy to use.
With Zentyal Server there is no need to use command line, but system administrators can manage all the network services via graphical user interface. Zentyal-based solutions allow companies to reduce and rationalize IT investments, improve the security and minimize system downtime.
Zentyal Server is widely used by companies independently of their size, activity or location, as well as by public administration or the education sector. The partnership agreements signed with IT support and service providers in more than 20 countries guarantee the distribution of Zentyal-based solutions to customers worldwide.